In this policy:
- "we" or "Glentoran Software" means Glentoran Software Limited.
- "you" means you, the person using our services, or visiting our website.
- "services" means all goods or services we provide and anything else we do for you, including providing you with access to our website.
Glentoran Software may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 July 2008.
What we collect
As you browse our website, we collect and store the following information about your visit:
- Your IP address, and the domain name of your internet connection.
- The operating system, type of browser your are using, and any referring page you are coming from such as a search engine.
- The date and time of your visit.
- The pages you viewed.
- Other information that you may provide such as your email address.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular customise the website according to your interests. It allows us to publish aggregated information, measure the visits to our website and test the effectiveness of advertising.
We do not sell information that identifies you personally. We do not disclose information about your machine except as described in this policy.
We may gather more extensive information if we are concerned, for example, about security issues. If we think it is necessary, we can disclose information to relevant law enforcement authorities, such as the Police or the Department of Internal Affairs.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
Glentoran Software Email Policy
As we are a responsible email service provider we abide by and require our clients to honour "Permission" email practices:
- "Permission" means that the recipient has chosen to "opt-in" to receiving the email.
- If it's important to allow people to opt in, it's just as important to give them the opportunity to opt out or "unsubscribe" whenever they want to.
- When permission is withdrawn no further email may be sent to the subscriber.
Glentoran Software clients must agree to comply with permission marketing best-practices and all laws related to unsolicited email (SPAM). We investigate any complaint that suggests a client is delivering unsolicited commercial email and will take appropriate action should they be in breech of this agreement.
We require all clients to allow you to unsubscribe from periodic mailings such as newsletters. If you can not unsubscribe by following the instructions in the email or by contacting them such as phoning or writing to them, then please let us know by email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.